Horizons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the guild to talk about ourselves and our game experiences, allowing us to enhance game play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

End of an Era

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sonicmna

sonicmna

End of an Era Empty
PostSubject: End of an Era   End of an Era I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:00 pm

So I'm not sure what to say at the moment. The guild has been rather inactive, and by inactive I mean it was me and my mule most days ... other days Rachel was on either afk or grinding, and yesterday I made the decision to leave.

Maple has become a very solo oriented game, it used to be necessary to gather a large group of people together, coordinate, stratigize, and diversify ... now one character regardless of the class can solo most any boss. The introduction of phantoms and their ability to steal all the necessary skills from any class obsolete. The only reason we need different classes is so we can steal their skills ... and that can be done just browsing the FM.

So what are we left with? No-one wants to train, boss, quest, or anything together. The only reason we get larger parties for training is for the EXP bonus, and most of the time the party is lead by one person with hacked equips hitting max damage while the rest of the group hangs on a rope somewhere on the map.

I admit that my activity on Maple has been sparse lately I did not think of all the options available to me prior to pressing the "leave guild" button.

So what were they and why did I choose the one I did? Well here is what came to mind.

- Leave the guild
- Start recruiting and kick inactive members as we filled up
- Leave the game

Well I won't be leaving the game, I'll be online still playing with Kyo, he came back and he was ultimately why I joined Horizons and he came back so we could play and boss together.

I was always hesitant to add or remove members to the guild, most conversations were around how much a member missed Rana or if I was approached from outside the guild people were just interested in how Rana was doing. I must say it would feel a bit weird to just take over ... but I guess no-one was really stopping me.

So my final decision was to leave the guild. I think if I had given more thought at the time I would have liked to revive the guild, but alas I did not. If Keith or Rana make it back to the forums or the game please feel free to send me a message and I would be happy to partake in the revival.

Back to top Go down
http://lannyp.com
bill

bill

End of an Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of an Era   End of an Era I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 10:10 pm

sadly, i would have to agree with you there moses. the game has definitely taken a major turn for the worse, which is why i have quit yet again, un-installed maple, and have contemplated deleting all of my accounts (not just the characters, but the actual accounts themselves). i have since moved on to other games which i can solo without issue, or join a party to make things harder (yes, if you have more than one person in the map, the mobs get more hp, deal more damage, and drop better loot). its always possible that i might eventually come back to maple, but at this point in time, i seriously doubt thats the case. i still lurk the forums to see what people say from time to time, but even that is starting to slack off.

if anyone wants to join me, you can usually find me playing path of exile, which is a diablo 2 style arpg, only with near infininite build possibilties. my main on path of exile is Achilios_Graven and the game is 100% free to play, and the cash shop is purely cosmetics, and has zero to do with actual gameplay, other than the option to buy additional storage space (which isnt needed or required in any way, it just means you cant loot whore as easily).

TLDR: i play Path of Exile now, and my mains name is Achilios_Graven (yes, you need the _ in between there, or it wont register as my name in the game if you decide to try it out). my forum handle on the games website is Tranxx4
Back to top Go down
sonicmna

sonicmna

End of an Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of an Era   End of an Era I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 12:16 pm

I'll look into the Path of Exile game, although I'm not looking to join any other MMORGs ... I still play or will be playing League of Legends and Starcraft 2 (Heart of the Swarm). Since I just got my cast off today I may be able to play more, not sure how my arm will be holding up yet though.

I'll still be on maple doing quests and killing bosses with Ben and Kyo, I don't plan on training an alt to lvl 200 any time in the foreseeable future. I am training a Hayato so I can get the link buff from having them at lvl 100, I don't plan on putting much effort into it though. I will still main sonic Smile
Back to top Go down
http://lannyp.com
bill

bill

End of an Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of an Era   End of an Era I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:45 pm

btw, if you do decide to try out path of exile, you can send me a text and ill help explain the passive skill tree (its massive, 120 possible points to spend, and over 1300 nodes on the tree), and its very easy to get overwhelmed and build a character that wont be any good at anything, such as the first 10 or so chars i built that couldnt even make it to mid-game.
Back to top Go down
bumbertyr

bumbertyr

End of an Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of an Era   End of an Era I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 1:58 pm

i noticed that horizons slowly dissapeared. like i never see anybody in the guild fm anymore. it just seems that when rana stopped everybody else stopped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

End of an Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of an Era   End of an Era I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

End of an Era
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Horizons Guild :: Guild Discussions :: General Discussion-
Jump to: