Horizons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the guild to talk about ourselves and our game experiences, allowing us to enhance game play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Targa Run

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VertTechlin

VertTechlin

Targa Run Empty
PostSubject: Targa Run   Targa Run I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:41 am

I'm looking to assemble a Targa run to get hats for those who might need them. We need attackers that can take hits from him, and hopefully an HBer to widen up the options, so please, sign up here!

BOSS INFO:
3 Bodies (Normal, Angry, Furious), 300m Total HP (First: 60m, Second: 90m, Third: 150m)
Damage: Up to 8.3k on third body. 8.6k HP is recommended (with HB if we can get a DrK).
Time Limit: 1 Hour.
Channels: 10, 12, 13.
Squad Members: Up to 12.
Drops: Up to 4 Hats.

Notes:
-Targa is a multiple-body boss along the same vein as Zakum or Nibelung - if you have disconnect problems at either of these bosses, I recommend restarting your client before the fight, setting your graphics to lowest, and then changing them with every body change. This means once Normal Targa dies and Angry Targa spawns, enter your settings and raise your graphics one notch. Then, once Angry dies and Furious spawns, lower the settings again. Also do this whenever the graphics start glitching (i.e. Targa disappears/becomes lines, can't see party window, etc.). TIP: Esc + Up + Up + Enter + Left/Right + Enter can change the graphics settings for you if you can't see your menus. Left will lower your graphics settings, right will raise them. You just need to change them to fix the problems.

-Targa and Angry Targa are almost completely negligible to most players. This means that for half of his total HP, he's a fairly easy boss to handle. It's only in the last 150m HP that he becomes a threat.

-Targa likes to move around a lot with his attacks; be prepared to deal with this but don't follow him too much as he usually moves back to his original position. Examples: His primary attack involves him skipping forward a distance, followed by an electric ground pound and then teleporting back to his original location. In another attack he floats up a ways on balloons (you can hit him from one of the platforms in the map, or just wait for him to come down).

-The LASER beam is your biggest worry! Furious Targa fires his lazah with the best of them, so be ready to pot furiously (his bump damage is nothing to scoff at either). Targa can often hit multiple times in the span of a second - he may do 8.3k with a laser hit, but if you don't pot quickly, it could be him dealing 16.6k. This is especially important to remember if fighting without HB.

Please note if you need a Targa Hat and what kind you want (INT or LUK). Please also note if there's anything else he drops that you want/need.

(Feel free to correct me on anything in this post. Also if someone has more info on fighting him, that would be awesome. I'll edit this post as I find out more.)

~TEAM~
Party 1:
1. VertTechlin (126 I/L AM)
2. MediHeal (142 Bish)

Party 2:

LOOT LIST:
1. VertTechlin (INT)
2. MediHeal (INT/LUK)

Last edited by VertTechlin on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:08 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeathGaiden

DeathGaiden

Targa Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targa Run   Targa Run I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:13 pm

haha Bishop lvl 142
Need: Targa Hat (Int / Luk) doesnt really matter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VertTechlin

VertTechlin

Targa Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targa Run   Targa Run I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:51 am

I'm proud to say we almost beat Targa last night! A minor mishap left us in trouble, but I know for sure we can do it!

Now that I've experienced Targ firsthand, I'll put up a bit more info on the actual fight. Smile
Back to top Go down
sonicmna

sonicmna

Targa Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targa Run   Targa Run I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:52 pm

I'm interested in helping, i won't have quite enough hp even with HB to take a hit on the 3rd body tho

let me know when you plan another run
Back to top Go down
http://lannyp.com
midnite

Targa Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targa Run   Targa Run I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:28 am

Lvl 200 dark ready to run whenever needed
Back to top Go down
VertTechlin

VertTechlin

Targa Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targa Run   Targa Run I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 6:24 am